Dirección General de Patrimonio Cultural del Ayuntamiento de Madrid
The Royal School of Surgery of Madrid was created in 1780, during the reign of Carlos III, in what until then had been the General Women’s Hospital. It operated as a School of Medicine until the 1950s, when it was transferred to the new buildings erected specifically in the University City, although the premises of the Institute of Forensic Medicine were maintained. In 1980, the Ministry of Culture assigned part of the building to the Official Association of Physicians of Madrid. Years later, in 1986, the remaining portion went to the National Institute of Public Administration (INAP), which commissioned a partial rehabilitation project undertaken between 1987 and 1991.
© Vicente Tofiño
© Paisaje de la Luz
Facebook Instagram +34 915 88 75 29
Ayuntamiento de Madrid 2022 Protección de datos Aviso legal Accesibilidad Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube